CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rock and Roll, Baby

Twenty Six POINT Two Miles

And We're Still Smiling!

Are we CRAZY? Maybe.

After finishing, I was promptly SMOTHERED

In love and adoration.

I loved it (the smothering, adoring love, that is).

Me, Nee-Nee and our most devoted FANS.
(River's first question was, "Did you win?" Almost, River, almost.)

After the marathon, we went out to lunch. The tables were bolted to the ground, which meant no shoving tables together. The seating arrangements turned out in my favor:
Nee-Nee, Shashie and the vast majority of the kids.

Me, Jare-Bear, Gail and Seeky...

But that was only because Seeky was sleeping as we walked into the restaurant. The instant she woke up and weighed her options, she was a goner. The Auntie-Pants always win over the Mama-Type.

Here is the funny thing about my regular life vs. running a marathon: Every time I got tired or "over it" during the marathon, I just thought about what I would normally be doing during that time if I were home with the kids. Every time... the marathon seemed easier. I guess that's what happens when you're a busy Mama with 5 kid-lets.