CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Quick Trip to Target... Right?

No. With 5 kids in tow, I should know better than to think we can just pop into Target for a few minutes. The plan was this: Return a step stool that was too short for the bathroom sink, pick up Secret's 3 month old pictures, get some new shoes for the boys and then the beloved candy bar reward at the end for well behaved children. Sounds quick and easy, right? Well... it started out with me saying "Okay, kids we're gonna go to Target, lets go downstairs and get our shoes on!" Then, while holding Secret, I proceeded to take a little side "trip"... and fall down the stairs. (yes, I'm a clutz, and yes, Secret is okay). I should have known then that this "trip" was doomed. But no. I recovered, got Secret to stop crying and we all loaded up into the van. Crap! I forgot the step stool. Run back into the house, grab the step stool. Yay, let's go. Get to Target, unload all the kids, get into the store without anyone getting hit by a car, load Secret's car seat into the cart, strap Meadow and Heaven into the the cart. Crap! The step stool. Push the cart off to the side. Assign Raven to stand watch over the sisters. Grab River's hand. Run to van (which is parked very far away, since I don't know how to snuggle into a close spot with the 15-passenger van yet). Get the step stool. Back into the store. Yay, kids are still there, no one is crying. Wait in line, return the step stool. Walk by the dollar spot. Cool, lots of good books and puzzles, I'm gonna stock up for my preschool. Double check to make sure I have my wallet... CRAP! Forgot the wallet. Of course. Oh well, at least I already pre-paid for Secret's pictures. Lug everyone down to Portrait Studio. Wait. Pick up pictures. Here, Raven, hold these pictures. Might as well see if they have shoes for the boys so I can know whether or not to come back later... minus the kids, plus the wallet. Find shoes, try them on. Okay, let's go. "We're ready for our candy bar!" Raven, River, Meadow and Heaven are quick to remind me. Shoot! Sorry, guys, forgot my wallet! "But we WANT one! You promised!!" I know... let's go home and have lunch. We can have Skittles for dessert (I knew those Skittles I bought last week would come in handy). "Excuse me, are these your pictures? You left them in the shoe aisle". Thank heaven for other busy Mom's that noticed this busy Mom's lost mind and left behind pictures. I guess getting home and realizing I had left Secret's pictures at Target would have just been the icing on the cake. Okay, let's go, for real. Back to the van, load up, everyone hot, hungry and tired (Mom included). Needless to say, I DON'T recommend shopping with 5 kids. Even though the kids were good, I seem to lose my mind when I try to juggle the kids AND think at the same time.