CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Oh My!

Tea...

Cupcakes...

And Pettiskirts...

Oh My!

Meadow, modeling her new pettiskirt that took the Mama (me) 8 hours (8 HOURS!!!) to make. Sienna and Kate in their equally fancy attire.

Ring around the PRINCESS,
Pocket full of...

Cranky Tom-Cats? (surprise, surprise)

Hmmmmm... Nothing a little candy,

And a baby-doll can't cure.

After princess-ing around, the girls were thirsty for a little tea.

Strawberry milk makes the best "tea"
Juice just doesn't mix and match with the other...

Sweets (for the sweets)

For dessert (cause they hadn't had enough sugar already):

Some "Pinkalicious" (if you haven't read this book, and you have a little girl... go on Amazon and order it, immediately) inspired CUPCAKES

Once the girls had their fill of eating and dancing and changing their outfits (which they did approximately 6 times each), they ended the party watching "The Princess and the Pauper" in Drive-In Movie cars.

Seeky has been busy growing teeth (4 in 4 days) and chose sleep over teap. She woke up from her nap at the end of the party and was just as happy as could be to nibble on some cheese (and say a little "cheese").

P.S. If you are considering making a pettiskirt... don't do it. Just kidding. Kind of. Let's just say, I now understand why these sell for $100. If you want to make one, you can do so for about $20 (material, thread, elastic). However, I found out AFTER I bought my material and tutorial ($20), that you ALSO need: a ruffler foot ($30), a rotary cutter ($20) and matboard ($30). So unless you already have these materials or are making several skirts, it actually costs MORE to make one. If I haven't talked you out of making one, and you still want to try, here is where I bought my tutorial: http://kerriskreations.com/catalog.php?item=140
It is 19 pages long, very detailed, and Kerri answers any questions you have. E-mail me if you want to know where I bought my chiffon for cheap. So far, I've made 3 and have plans to make 11 more (all for me, my girls and my sisters... there is NO WAY I'd make these to sell... couldn't pay me enough!)